Aid fort Africa
How they are participating
Aid for Africa is an alliance of 85 US-based organizations working on the ground in Africa to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and communities. Our grassroots programs focus on health care, education, agriculture, economic development, conservation, and wildlife protection.
We plan on leveraging #GivingTuesday to kickoff our year-end fundraising campaign through social media and other efforts.
Your dollars will produce big results. Just consider some of what we accomplished in Sub Saharan Africa this year:
- Sent some 1200 girls to school, helping many avoid early marriage.
- Provided fistula surgery to more than 3,000 women, allowing them to return to their communities with dignity.
- Distributed more than 2 million books to schools, libraries, and learning centers, many of which had none.
- Provided clean drinking water to more than 400,000 people.
- Protected scores of lions by training former lion hunters to become community guardians.
- Distributed more than 18,000 bicycles built for Africa’s tough conditions to healthcare workers, small business owners, and students, impacting the lives of 90,000 people.
We hope you support our effective and innovative work through an online donation at www.aidforafrica.org.