How they are participating
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside poor girls and women.
CARE's #GivingTuesday initiatives will include:
• A peer-to-peer fundraising contest in which people challenge their friends to raise money for CARE by #GivingTuesday. The person who raises the most earns a trip to see CARE’s poverty-fighting programs up close in one of the 84 countries where we work around the world.
• A Donor Appreciation Telethon whereby CARE employees will thank supporters for their gifts. A special phone bank will be set up at our Atlanta headquarters. Awards, called “Givvies,” will be given to employees at the end of the day for things like making the most thank-you calls, etc.
• A #GivingTuesday video that will be posted on CARE’s website and shared through social media.
• A giving-themed Birthday Party for CARE at our Atlanta-based headquarters and regional offices around the country (Serendipitously, CARE was founded on Nov. 27, 1945 – a Tuesday!).
• A #GivingTuesday landing page that will feature the video and a Twitter feed.
• On Giving Tuesday, CARE’s Washington, D.C. staff will donate CARE Packages of toiletries and bedding to SAFE, a local nonprofit that supports women who have experienced domestic violence.